1. Student choreography – all of the pieces are choreographed by the students! The title “student work” might make you think that it will be low quality, but let me tell you – this show is full of fresh, quality work with amazing themes and diverse styles.
2. An eclectic group – this show includes hip hop, jazz, modern, tap, african, bollywood, and more! You won’t be bored…
3. Support dance programs – we all know that the education system is getting gypped and classes are being cut, so why not support the college and the arts
4. Support Mesa Dance – seriously though, the dance program at Mesa College is killer. It’s a place where dancers of all ages and all backgrounds can come together and dance. I work for a living, but Mesa allows me to take classes at night from amazingly supportive and skilled dance teachers, for an affordable price, and still be a part of a performance. The dance department at Mesa is truly a community and I am happy to be a part of it.
5. Dance with a message – each one of these pieces carries a different message or story – how you perceive it is up to you. OH and there is one inspired by “where he wild things are…” enough said.
6. Spandex - now c’mon, when else can you see a bunch of adults wearing brightly colored spandex unitards?! it’s always a good time…
7. Laughter - I guarantee you will enjoy this group and I bet we will get a little chuckle out of you… its ok, its all part of the performance
8. Dancers are hot – everyone knows that dancers have killer bodies because we’re working hard and dancing our butts off for long hours
9. I (Melanie) will be performing - I am in 4 pieces and I will also have a piece that I choreographed in this show. Come out and see what all the fuss is about! We have all been working really hard and we are SO excited to share our creations with you!
10. You Could see stuff like this: Check out a dance that I did last semester called “Barrel of Rain.”
Mesa College San Diego: Spring Performance 2009
Choreography by: Nancy Boskin-Mullen
Music by: Berkley Hart
Dancers: Melanie Williams & Emmet Aquino
© Mesa College Dance Dept – All rights Reserved
GREAT! I want to see the show!
What: Mesa College Dance Dept: Student Choreography Performance
Friday: April 30th > 7:30pm
Saturday: May 1st > 7:30pm
Sunday: May 2nd > 2:00pm
Where: The Lyceum Theater – downtown SD in Horton Plaza
Tickets: $10 Pre-Sale and $12 at the door
For more info call: 619.544.1000
OR go to http://lyceumevents.org/
Hope to see you there!